Pages

Thursday, February 13, 2014

NYFW Favorites Part 2

The second installment of my favorite shows at NYFW, here are the best looks from Sunday, Monday, and Tuesday:

Delpozo
One of my absolute favorite up-and-coming designers. Lots of volume, layered sheers, clean styling and carefully placed pops of awesome color.



Calla
Really amazing print combinations that clash beautifully. Who knew plaid and floral worked so well together?! I'm loving the color story for fall/winter and I'm dreaming about that plaid blanket wrap thing to keep me warm (though I wish I had it now... This whole Polar Vortex deal is NOT fun).



Theory
More well-done sheer panels paired with a sweet monochromatic color scheme. You'd think one would get sick of the repeated a-line hem dress shape throughout the collection, but I think every one of these near-identical dresses is just phenomenal.



Milly
LAYERING. Absolutely killing it in the layering department, you've got mixed textures and prints, sheer and thick, and oh those scarves. I'm really feeling the fringe-y furs even though I'd end up looking like a small, wide gorilla were I to wear them (can you say Man Repeller?).



Novis
Another favorite up-and-comer. I want everything from this collection. It perfectly mixes a spring-y palette with early fall basics like leather jackets, maxis, and sweaters. I want it all (especially that velvet gown, so practical).



Honor
This collection is just so purely pretty. Incredibly feminine in shape, fabric, and coloring, all these pieces make me want to run out to some fancy gala, or tea, or literally anything where I could just be fancy.



Tory Burch
I'm not always a fan of Tory's, but this collection is absolutely my style. A really cool combination of printed dresses layered with thick sweaters and socks. Styled somehow both to be very bohemian and very preppy at the same time.



Rosie Assoulin
This collection is much more art than fashion. I just want to look at these pieces and appreciate their insanely unique form and color choices. Although I also wouldn't mind lounging around in that teal jumpsuit (for the rest of my life).



Jenny Packham
Slinky gowns, sexy fabrics, rich colors. Another ultra-femme collection though much more undone than Honor's look. The dresses are just so obviously well designed/made, the execution, particularly in styling, is really to be appreciated here.



Jil Sander Navy
Gloriously minimalist, this collection is an awesome combination of cap sleeved brocade dresses, sweet pleated skirts, cropped pants, and structured jackets. Very Jil Sander, very fall, very awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment