Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Illustrated

As an artist myself, I'm always on the lookout for new inspirational creators to discover. Lately I've been particularly interested in illustration and have been consequently stalking a lot of awesome artists' blogs/Tumblrs/general work. Here are my current favorites, in no particular order:

1. Noel Badges Pugh

This guy sparked my desire to write this post about inspirational illustrators. I stumbled upon his work on Tumblr yesterday and absolutely fell in love with his attention to detail and unique hand. For the most part he does insanely delicate ink and water color illustrations of flowers, with the occasional scientific study of a bee thrown in for good measure.



I've probably been admiring Katie's work for the longest out of this group, seeing as her illustrations pertain to fashion and have therefore gotten a lot of attention on the many blogs I follow besides her own. What I really like about her style is that it's simultaneously classic in line, much like sketches of Dior or Chanel gowns from the 50's, and modern in execution, with the use of things like sequins and glitter in many of her pieces.



I'm a huge fan of Kelli Murray's blog, mostly because she has a totally awesome badass-boho style and her daughter is adorable, but also because her artwork is fantastic. Including a lot of braided hair, cute animals, and colorful floral bouquets, her illustration style is feminine and natural.



Another Tumblr find, I love Mel's style because it's at once extremely girly, cool, and cartoonish. All that combines to create neon cute illustrations of cool girls being cool girls.



Kelly Smith is yet another fashion illustrator who has become very popular in the industry. Her drawings are hyper realistic pencil illustrations with pops of color in clothing and flowers. I love how she combines this intensely detailed portraiture with quick brushstrokes to imply clothing or accessories.



No comments:

Post a Comment