Pages

Thursday, June 26, 2014

Room Tour

I've been meaning to do a post like this since I got home for the summer, but never found a time in which my room was clean and I actually had the right light to take pictures. But! At long last here it is, my bedroom in good old Darien, CT.

It's been through many evolutions since we moved here when I was 8, from the same furniture and linens I had since I moved up to the big girl bed in toddlerhood, to the early tween years of bright neon colors on literally everything, to it's current state of clean white meets spatterings of color plus minor hoarder.

While it's always a bit of a mess (even when it's clean) I seriously adore my bedroom. I find solace and inspiration and energy in this room and the memories that I've saved up here. So, without further ado, here's a peek into my little paradise:


 A recent, but long awaited, addition to hold all my big statement necklaces.
 My absolute PRIDE AND JOY, the biggest and baddest moodboard I've ever made.
Left: The creativity corner, consisting of art supplies, half finished paintings, an old guitar, and all my favorite books from childhood and adolescence.
Right: One of many stacks of books supporting the foundation of the room.
A close up on the mashup of personal photos, handmade items, old jewelry, and magazine tears that is the Wall of Awesome.
Souvenirs and photos from Paris waiting to be scrapbooked and my beloved bag of yarn (note: second stack of books).
 My nightstand and stack 3 of books (these are actually currently in circulation).
My rainbow library/chotchkie collection (and more book stacks that are not being counted).
 My second favorite part of the room, the chalkboard. Updated every few weeks with a new inspiring quote to remind me and all visitors to my abode of the important things in life. (To the left, photos from my high school photography career that I still think are pretty ok).
 A truly excellent 15th birthday gift.
Hoarder evidence... I keep at least one shopping bag from every store I go to.
 Left: The Bed. And yes that is a teddy bear and yes I'm pretty sure I'm cool with the internet knowing about it (pretty sure). PLUS! One of my new favorite magazines, Darling. Check it out. It's fantastic.
Right: Stack 4.
 And finally, atop my dresser, more rainbow books, keepsakes, flowers, and photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment