Pages

Monday, May 6, 2013

Breakfast of Champions

This morning I decided to try one of the most frequently pinned recipes on Pinterest, you've seen it, we've all seen it, the egg in the avocado. Unlike other recipes often pinned and later discovered to be completely impossible (warning: never try to make that cookie, brownie, oreo thing because YOU CANNOT DO IT), this meal was incredibly easy to make! I improvised on this recipe, which of course was found on Pinterest, and used scrambled egg whites, salsa, and cheddar cheese to fill the avocado. I'm big on experimenting with my cooking, so after messing around with the ingredients, I came up with this process:


1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.

2. Cut your avocado in half, removing the pit. Place the halves in a pan with edges (in case any egg falls out in the process).


3. Whisk two egg whites and pour half the mix into each avocado piece.


4. Shred some cheddar cheese on top (your choice how much, I have a minor cheese addiction so I went for a lot...)


5. Bake the avocados for approximately 20 min depending on how well done you want your eggs.


6. Pour some salsa on top and enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment